Monday, November 8

Recruitment in Riverside!




I had the pleasure of visiting Zeta Lambda - UC Riverside for their pre-recruitment workshops in September and later in October for formal recruitment. We spent our first week together preparing for recruitment which was an awesome time to bond and talk about all of the reasons that we love Delta Gamma. I was very impressed...the women come back for this week about three weeks before school starts and then go home before starting classes. Talk about dedication! My first visit also fell upon my 23rd birthday and a huge group took me out to The Old Spaghetti Factory, which is housed in a beautiful old train station, to celebrate; I was so touched!

Upon my return I showed up on a rainy day right in the middle of Round 1! There was a little bit of drama picking up my bag as The United States of Tara was being filmed in the baggage claim of the Ontario airport. I made it eventually (better late than never, right?). Zeta Lambda had a very cute "DG is my cup of tea" theme. They also hung up their anchor and sailboat shaped paddles that big and little sisters make for each other. They were fantastic, the most detailed I have ever seen. We definitely have some artists in the chapter. I got to stay through recruitment and celebrate Bid Day at UC Riverside. The chapter made their own balloon arch (a skill that I am really hoping to pick up sometime soon) and camped out all day to get a prime spot for the members and new members to join for pictures. Then we went to The Citrus Center (so California!) for 5-foot burrito dinner and some get-to-know-you games.

It was so nice getting to see all of Zeta Lambda's hard work pay off during a great recruitment week! They are a wonderful group of Delta Gammas who I'm proud to call my sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment